Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

flash your stash

 The new year is the perfect time to flash my stash and by doing that confront myself with my yarn-hoarding habits. So here we go:


I seem to have rather a lot on the blue side of the spectrum that I don't have a project in mind for. Most of the rest of the yarn has a future project attached to it, with the exception of the 9.5 skeins of white cotton that I got given. They'll probably stay around for the next year, but you never know...























The thick black and grey yarn has been in my stash for some time, as has the one next to it, what I call fluffy yarn. I had never thought about combining them. I still have to try if out, but I think a combination of double-knitted fluf with the thick yarn worked open might give an interesting blanket combination.
The variety of green yarn will hopefully be transformed into a granny square blanket. I've only just finished the rainbow throw and I'm already brainstorming about two more.... I don't know if I'll ever find a place where they'll serve treir purpose?!

Apart from whole or near-whole skeins, I also have some little bits and bobs waiting for a new lease of life. After my first satisfactory encounter with patchwork knitting I think I might do some more of it (maybe make an extra closing panel for the bag? ) to put the scraps to good use. Some of them are only a few metres long, so they wont do for much else, really...

A final shown of knitted Christmas gifts:











A pair of warm bedsocks and a -yet unblocked- Annis shawlette. The original pattern is knitted om 5mm needles, so instead of knitting the shawlette version I made the original, but used 3mm needles to keep the size down. My first real lace pattern (you can hardly call the autumn shawl lace) and I must say I'm rather happy with it, and so is it's recipient.

The colourscape cardi is nearly finished, I just weaving in the ends. Photos of the finished product next time!
Mnz

No comments:

Post a Comment