Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The finishing touches

The slow start of the winter term has given me some time to put the finishing touches to a few projects that had reached the 90% mark.

The Annis shawlette has been blocked and the two ends have been woven in. I myself am not the shoulderette type - I prefer big shawls- but my mother is very happy with it.
This silver cardi has been on the 'to be finished'-stack for some time, but I had a hard time finding the right buttons for it. This was mainly due to the buttonholes being rather big in comparison with the lightness of the fabric. I have no idea what yarn it is because I picked it up from the pile of yarn my LYS gifted to the yarnbombing project. I initially planned to use it for my yarnbomb but never got round to it. After the do I decided that it would probably make a nice light cardigan for wear during spring and autumn. The pattern is 'Gilet court d'été' with buttons all the way down.

The colourscape cardi has also had it's buttons sewn on. As I've said before, I think this yarn is vastly overpriced,  but it has made an incredibly warm and soft jumper that I'm over the moon with. I always have trouble finding warm jumpers that could be worn with a skirt and because it's a cardigan model it doesn't look all that bad, I must say. The colours are just marvelous.


The next yarnbomb has also been started. I've got a place in mind for it, but I think I'll wait until the weather clear up to put it there. The basic structure is a boring-coloured granny stripe tube, but I want to cover it in crochet flowers in lots of nice colours. I've still got bits and bobs left from the patchwork bag, so I'll be able to put them to good use. Looking at the photos now it doesn't look like the most beautiful of yarnbombs, but that should change soon enough... I'd like to put it out in May, so it can be called 'May flowers' as in 'April showers bring May flowers' :)

As part of my new year's resolutions, I'm using up a variety of green yarns by crocheting another blanket. (I have absolutely no idea where it's going to go) The middle section is now sewn up, but there are a lot more squares to make and sew... But who cares? Aren't blankets supposed to be long term projects?

My last FO -as usual- is a pair of socks. These are the toe-ups I started in the Christmas holiday. Having worn them once I find that the short-row heel isn't as comfortable as the usual heel-flap-heel, but it's not that they're uncomfortable or anything. The long ribbed calf holds them up nicely, so at least they don't sag like other long socks tend to do.

I've got a few more WIP's on the needles (a cowl and some mittens) but so far I'm managing to keep to the 3-WIP-target I set myself. :)
Mnz

No comments:

Post a Comment