Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

YOP: post 4







I didn't post last week because I was on holiday in the Peak District and the Internet there didn't approve of Blogger. So that means that I have quite a lot of catching up to do! But before I left, I had to install my yarnbomb. I didn't reach my goal of completely covering in crochet flowers, but I figured that it was 'now or never' to get it out there, otherwise I'd just keep postponing it...
So, since no medals were awarded in the yarnbombing exhibition parade, I entered the WIP's event.


medal-2012-WIPS














As you can see by the shine of the street stones , it was raining when I put it out. The Great Belgian Weather proved totally uncooperative. Again. You'd think it would learn from its previous errors, wouldn't you?

My next project was one I only entered in the Ravellenics half way through because I was totally convinced that I would never ever finish it in time. I finished my Pioneer top! I have absolutely no idea how I managed to do that. Knitting anything vaguely resembling a sweater usually takes me between one and three months...

Cable medal






Sweater medal







stash medal











So, in the end I got three medals for this project: the sweater triathlon for obvious reasons, the cable steeplechase for the twisted stitch columns (those line you can see on the back) and the synchronized stash busting because my yarn was more than one year old. Plus my first real point I can tick off my YOP list! Only nine to go :)

The last project I entered for the Ravellenics were my Spain in Summer socks. If you compare the FO with the map, you can see where these socks got their name.
 




 








But things didn't go as smoothly as expected with these. You see, for once I had decided that I would try to make two more or less identical socks. And as you can see, I've failed. I'm not sure if it's my fault, because I started the socks at the same point in the colour repeat scheme and they have the same gauge. Is it me or does the yellow bit on the top sock look quite a lot longer than the yellow part in the bottom sock? I did have to frog that part back completely because I had gone down to 42 stitched instead of 48 and therefore they didn't fit any more, but still, that seems quite a bit longer, doesn't it? Anyway, they got finished before the end of the games, and that's the important part.

I've done quite a lot of knitting since the end of the games, but that'll be for the next post, otherwise I won't have anything to write about!

Mnz







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sorry about the weather too :( I love the sweater and the socks. Matching is over-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible knitting in just 2 weeks, I'm really impressed. And I love the socks, even if they don't match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with goodpurlgonebad, matching is overating. I like your sock, they are psychedelic... And wow, one sweater and a pair of socks, just during the olympics... you are a fast knitter!

    ReplyDelete