Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back to knitting

After two posts about non-knitting stuff, I think I'll go back to the usual formula for a while ...


 I've finally sewn the buttons onto my sock bag. I just used lonely buttons that we had lying around, and I must say I'm quite happy with the result :). The colours don't look particularly nice on the photos, but they're a lot better in real life...

 A big project I started after my birthday was my first lace shawl. I had received a little pattern booklet and the shawl on the front cover fascinated me. It looks gorgeous and it's a really easy ten stitch pattern repeat, so I thought I'd try it...

The long rows were a bit depressing at first, but you get used to it an as two stitches are decreased on each row, it soon gets better... It's getting chilly now, so it's a great addition to my wardrobe and I've actually had quite a lot of compliments on it. (I think my mother wants one :) )I used two skeins of Mille Colori sock-lace yarn and I didn't have enough to do the tassels, but looking back at it now, I don't think it really needs them....




 The patchwork bag is now also finished. It has taken about half a year to complete I think, but it's worth the wait. I put a thin sheet of plastic in the bottom to keep it open and used a strip of old curtain fabric to streghthen the strap. I'm now thinking about making a third panel to be able to close it properly, but I might just use buttons or something like that, we'll see...








I also knitted some hats and warmers for the Innocent big knit:


 not much, just a few scraps that I thought I could put to good use...

Mnz

No comments:

Post a Comment